Thursday

Cake Plates and Cupcakes

San Francisco's Ferry Building is home to some amazing food purveyors that I was fortune to visit last weekend. One merchant that caught my eye was Miette, a charming shop selling cookies, cupcakes, hard candies, graham crackers and other yummy pastries. My good friend Katie was looking for something to send her mother-in-law in Chicago for Mother's Day and I suggested Miette's gift box that's available online. Cupcakes and shortbreads (lavender shortbread? Yum!) would look great served on vintage cake plates and there are lots of options available in antique stores. My favorites are white Ironstone and colored Depression Glass; I think multiple sizes grouped together look especially great.

Ironstone-I love the look of multiples!
Cut glass, probably from the 1930's or 40's


Light blue glass adds a bit of interest

Miette San Francisco-order from their website, they ship!

Sampling of Miette's treats
Photo's from Country Living Magazine, Google and Miette.com

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kelly,
    What a lovely post! I especially love the Ironstone cake-plates, and the idea of presenting your mom with a cakestand full of sweets! I might have to steal that for my Mother's Day gift! We hope to see you next time you're in town!
    Thanks!
    Tess
    Miette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    I just bought a cake stand just like the light blue glass one that you posted here. Do you know anything about it? I bought it at a flea market type store for $12. Thanks!

    Lauren Edmondson

    ReplyDelete