Wednesday

Buy this House for $1

Every once in a while I like to share photos of a great 'antique' home that I've visited or read about. This weekend I was visiting my sister and picked up a copy of This Old House Magazine. Amy herself lives in an old house, a charming farmhouse built in the 1880's. If you haven't read the magazine, the last page showcases a home that needs 'saving'. This month, a Greek Revival-style house that pre-dates the Civil War is being sold for $1, but needs to be moved from it's present location outside Indianapolis. I can imagine this  place in a charming beach town with vintage bicycles in the drive next to a hedge of hydrangeas. The staircase alone  is makes me want to research the cost of moving a whole house. Anyone know?



Photos from This Old House Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment