Thursday

Antique Markets: What to bring

After profiling two large antique shows, I thought I'd share my list of 'bring along' items that I pack when attending these large markets. If you're shopping for a specific item, you may want to alter this list slightly. If you're looking for a dining room table, for example, you may want to bring several packing blankets to cushion your purchase on the ride home. But if you're shopping for china, you'll want bubble wrap/packing tissue for smaller, delicate dishes. Make sense? Here's my list:

  • Cash-check and credit cards are becoming more acceptable, but cash is still the best for negotiating
  • Tape Measure-Used to determine if furniture will fit in the space you plan to use it
  • Small, reusable grocery bags-I'm a huge fan of the Flip & Tumble bags, which fold into a tiny ball when not in use
  • Larger Tote Bag-I'm partial to the classic L.L.Bean tote
  • Bungee Cords-used to tie the car trunk closed or hold down larger items in the back of a truck
  • Old blankets/packing blankets and bubble wrap
  • Digital Camera
  • Rain Poncho-when you don't have one, you'll need it!




No comments:

Post a Comment